Why should you trim your tree? Tree trimming is important because of the following reasons:
Ensuring safety: Dead branches and limbs can cause a serious health hazard when they fall off. If trees are an obstacle when you are driving, then it is time for a trim. Branches growing close to utility lines should be also be trimmed immediately.
Improve health: Pruning affected branches of a tree can drastically improve its health. Trimming the crown increases airflow which is highly beneficial to the plant’s growth. Branches growing close to each other should be trimming immediately to prevent sudden fall.
Enhance beauty: Trimming trees help improve their appearance. Special tools will be needed for this procedure and you may need the help of tree trimming professionals.
Tree pruning services
Tree pruning services are often needed when structural integrity of a tree is a concern or safety of people and property is involved. A certified tree trimming service company will always plan and execute its work to diminish the risk to people and property while at the same time maintaining the tree's structure.
Tree trimming services include the following:
Lifting: This involves the removal of soft growth and lower branches to increase the trees vertical clearance of the canopy. This, however, should not lead to the removal of more than 15 % of the live crown height.
Thinning: This is the removal of secondary branches from the crown to reduce density and leave the tree well- balanced.
Reshaping and reduction: Includes the removal of outer branches back toward the main trunk in order to reduce the crown's size. Crown reduction eliminates the stress that can lead to stunted growth of a tree.
Coppicing: This is the removal of all the growth of a tree shrub to almost ground level. The stumps are usually left in order to reproduce.
Crown cleaning: This is the removal of all dead, diseased and branches that cross each other.
How to trim a tree?
Here are important techniques on how to trim a tree:
- Start by making a cut. To do this, locate the branch collar which usually grows from the stem tissue at the bottom base of the branch. Also look for the branch ridge which lies on the upper surface is parallel to the branch angle at the stem
- Always cut from outside the branch bark ridge and angle your cut down away from the stem.
- Use the three-cut technique when the stem is too long. Simply make a notch on the side of the stem that faces away from the branch that you intend to retain. Make the second cut inside the crotch of the branch and above the branch ridge. The third cut will remove the stub by cutting through the stem which is parallel to the branch bark ridge.
You can use these techniques to trim both dead and living branches.
Shrub trimming can be hectic. For this reason, it is important to seek services of tree trimming professionals when your trees are still young. Regular pruning of shrubs helps improve their health hence increasing their chances of producing more blooms.
Good pruning tools are a must-have when it comes to shrub trimming. Most commonly needed tools include the loppers, handheld scissors, and the small curved saw.
To effectively prune shrubs:
- Start by removing any dead, damaged or diseased branches
- Always prune branches back to outward facing the buds or to the point where they meet with other branches.
- Do not leave any stub on the shrub.
It is best to get in touch with Laytons Tree Service to get a proper guide on when and how to properly trim your shrubs for the utmost beauty.
Tree trimming in my area
Lyntons tree service company ensures that your tree looks beautiful always. We listen to your needs and meet them accordingly. Always reach out to us for the best tree trimming services in your area.